- Provides consultations,
- dynamic monitoring and treatment of skin, hair and nail diseases in both children and adults.
- Provides recommendations for disease prevention and skin care.
- Particular interest and education in the diagnosis of benign and malignant skin lesions.
Regularly updates knowledge and gives lectures at local and international conferences and congresses.
Provides both private and insurance company paid services. Communicates with patients in latvian, russian and english language.
Work experience and education
- 2012. Professional Exchange in the Department of Dermatology at “Clinical Hospital Center Rijeka”, Croatia
- 2014 Doctor’s degree (MD) at Riga Stradiņš University, Faculty of Medicine
- 2014 Professional Exchange in the Department of Dermatology - rheumatology at “Le Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Dijon-Bourgogne”, France;
- 2015-2017 Resident dermatologist at “Derma Clinic Riga”
- 2015-2019 Assistant place executor at “Riga Stradiņš University” Department of Infectology and Dermatology;
- 2016 Cardiff University: An Introduction to Dermoscopy course
- 2014-2017 University of Latvia Dermatovenereology Residency Program
- 2017 Erasmus + exchange to Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital in Skåne, Sweden
- 2017- 2021 Doctoral studies at Riga Stradiņš University
- 2017-2022 Board certified dermatovenereologist at “Derma Clinic Riga”
- Since 2019 Assistant place executor at “Riga Stradiņš University” Department of Dermatology and Venereology
- Since 2020 Board certified dermatovenereologist at “Saldus Medicinas centrs” 2021 Riga Stradiņš University Research School for Young Lecturers
Participation in associations
- Since 2021. Board member of Latvian Association of Dermatovenereologists Since 2017.
- Member of Latvian Association of Dermatovenereologists;
- Since 2016. Member of European Association of Dermato Oncology (EADO);
- Since 2016. Member of European Nail Society (ENS)
- Since 2015. Junior member of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology;
- Since 2014. Member of International Dermoscopy Society;
Awards and recognitions
- Certificate for the Best presentation at 16th Baltic Association of Dermatovenereologists Congress (Riga, Latvia, year 2020);
- Michael Hornstein Memorial Scholarship at 24th EADV Congress (Copenhagen, Denmark, year 2015);
- International Dermoscopy Society Travel Grant at 4th World Congress of Dermoscopy; (Vienna, Austria, year 2015)
- Balcere, A, Upeniece, I, Snipe, K, Jezupovs, A. Hidradenitis suppurativa in surgeons' practice: Prevalence and treatment approach according to the Hurley stage in Latvia. Dermatologic Therapy. 2021; 34:e14687. https://doi.org/10.1111/dth.14687
- Balcere A., Ozola E., Karls R., Čēma I., Rone Kupfere M., Krūmiņa A. Dermoscopic monitoring of shiny white streaks during topical treatment of actinic keratosis. Proceedings of the 62nd International Scientific Conference of Daugavpils University, 2020., 139-143. Available: https://dukonference.lv/files/978-9984-14-925-7_62_konf_kraj_A_Dabaszin…
- Haenssle HA, Winkler JK, Fink C, Toberer F, Enk A, Stolz W, Deinlein T, Hofmann-Wellenhof R, Kittler H, Tschandl P, Rosendahl C, Lallas A, Blum A, Abassi MS, Thomas L, Tromme I, Rosenberger A; Reader study level-I and level-II Groups Christina Alt. Skin lesions of face and scalp - Classification by a market-approved convolutional neural network in comparison with 64 dermatologists. Eur J Cancer. 2020 Dec 25;144:192-199. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2020.11.034. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33370644.
- Haenssle HA, Fink C, Toberer F, Winkler J, Stolz W, Deinlein T, et al. Man against machine reloaded: performance of a market-approved convolutional neural network in classifying a broad spectrum of skin lesions in comparison with 96 dermatologists working under less artificial conditions. Ann Oncol. 2020;31(1):137–43 • Balcere, A.; Rone Kupfere, M.; Čēma, I.; Krūmiņa, A. Prevalence, Discontinuation Rate, and Risk Factors for Severe Local Site Reactions with Topical Field Treatment Options for Actinic Keratosis of the Face and Scalp. Medicina 2019, 55, 92;
- Balcere A., Karls R., Čēma I., Rone Kupfere M., Vīksna L., Krūmiņa A. Treatment of Actinic Keratoses Facilitates Dermatoscopic Diagnosis of Early Basal Cell Carcinoma: A Case Report and Review. Case Reports in Dermatology. 2019. 11 (1), 16-22;
- Ķīsis J., Balcere A., Karls R., Malošiks D., Snipe K., Upeniece I. Strutojoša hidradenīta/inversās aknes ārstēšana, balstoties uz pierādījumiem un Eiropas strutojoša hidradenīta ārstēšanas vadlīnijām. Latvijas Ārsts 2016, septembris; 26-32.lpp.;
- Balcere A., Karls R., Zabludovska K. The Prevalence of Actinic Keratoses and Its Associated Risk Factors in Elderly Latvian People. Collection of Scientific Papers: Research articles in medicine & pharmacy, 2015: Internal Medicine. Surgery. Medical Basic Sciences. Stomatology. Pharmacy. Riga Stradiņš University, 2015.; 29-34.lpp.;
The PhD topic – diagnostics and treatment of early stage squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.