Provides counseling for chronic diseases, including cardiovascular diseases, gastrointestinal diseases, metabolic diseases, oncological diseases, etc. cases. Provides recommendations for weight correction in both overweight and underweight. Advises on healthy eating and lifestyle for health maintenance and disease prevention.
Member of the Latvian Association of Diet and Nutrition Specialists (LDUSA)
• Since 2022 - nutritionist at the Anti-Aging Institute branch of the Veselības centrs 4 (Health Center 4)
• 2022 - graduated from Riga Stradins University, obtaining a bachelor's degree in health care and a professional qualification of a nutritionist
Provides general surgeon consultations, performs diagnosis and treatment of adults and children. Performs surgical treatment of skin and subcutaneous formations, paying attention also to the aesthetic result. Performs operative treatment of ingrown nails, correction of deformation of nail plates, operative correction of deformed scars. Provides consultations, performs diagnosis and treatment in cases of proctological diseases (hemorrhoids, rectal fissures, fistulas, polyps, warts, etc.). Performs invasive analgesia (i.e. nerve block injections).
PRF injections, biorevitalization.
Provides hair transplantologist consultations. Performs hair, eyebrow and beard transplantation.
Provides services paid by insurance companies or patients.
Has practiced abdominal surgery in Germany, at the Clinic of the University of Hamburg “Schön Klinik Hamburg Eilbek”.
- 2022 - Member of Latvian Assosiation of Surgeons
- 2021- SIA ''Veselības centrs 4'' branch ''Anti-Aging Institute'' general surgeon, hair transplantologist
- 2021 - Practiced in Istanbul, Turkey (certificate in hair transplantation)
- 2021- Surgeon at the Association of Balvi and Gulbene Hospitals
- 2018-2021 Resident surgeon at the Association of Balvi and Gulbene Hospitals
- 2016-2021 Resident surgeon at Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital ''Gaiļezers''
- 2019-2020 Resident surgeon in the emergency department of the polyclinic ''ARS''
- 2019-2020 Resident surgeon in the outpatient department of the polyclinic ''Via Una''
- 2017-2019 On-call doctor at AIWA clinic
- 2016-2021 Residency in general surgery (University of Latvia)
- 2009-2015 Emergency medical service at Riga Central Station
- 2006-2016 Studies at the Medical Faculty of the University of Latvia. Obtained a medical degree
- Provides consultations,
- dynamic monitoring and treatment of skin, hair and nail diseases in both children and adults.
- Provides recommendations for disease prevention and skin care.
- Particular interest and education in the diagnosis of benign and malignant skin lesions.
Regularly updates knowledge and gives lectures at local and international conferences and congresses.
Provides both private and insurance company paid services. Communicates with patients in latvian, russian and english language.
Work experience and education
- 2012. Professional Exchange in the Department of Dermatology at “Clinical Hospital Center Rijeka”, Croatia
- 2014 Doctor’s degree (MD) at Riga Stradiņš University, Faculty of Medicine
- 2014 Professional Exchange in the Department of Dermatology - rheumatology at “Le Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Dijon-Bourgogne”, France;
- 2015-2017 Resident dermatologist at “Derma Clinic Riga”
- 2015-2019 Assistant place executor at “Riga Stradiņš University” Department of Infectology and Dermatology;
- 2016 Cardiff University: An Introduction to Dermoscopy course
- 2014-2017 University of Latvia Dermatovenereology Residency Program
- 2017 Erasmus + exchange to Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital in Skåne, Sweden
- 2017- 2021 Doctoral studies at Riga Stradiņš University
- 2017-2022 Board certified dermatovenereologist at “Derma Clinic Riga”
- Since 2019 Assistant place executor at “Riga Stradiņš University” Department of Dermatology and Venereology
- Since 2020 Board certified dermatovenereologist at “Saldus Medicinas centrs” 2021 Riga Stradiņš University Research School for Young Lecturers
Participation in associations
- Since 2021. Board member of Latvian Association of Dermatovenereologists Since 2017.
- Member of Latvian Association of Dermatovenereologists;
- Since 2016. Member of European Association of Dermato Oncology (EADO);
- Since 2016. Member of European Nail Society (ENS)
- Since 2015. Junior member of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology;
- Since 2014. Member of International Dermoscopy Society;
Awards and recognitions
- Certificate for the Best presentation at 16th Baltic Association of Dermatovenereologists Congress (Riga, Latvia, year 2020);
- Michael Hornstein Memorial Scholarship at 24th EADV Congress (Copenhagen, Denmark, year 2015);
- International Dermoscopy Society Travel Grant at 4th World Congress of Dermoscopy; (Vienna, Austria, year 2015)
- Balcere, A, Upeniece, I, Snipe, K, Jezupovs, A. Hidradenitis suppurativa in surgeons' practice: Prevalence and treatment approach according to the Hurley stage in Latvia. Dermatologic Therapy. 2021; 34:e14687. https://doi.org/10.1111/dth.14687
- Balcere A., Ozola E., Karls R., Čēma I., Rone Kupfere M., Krūmiņa A. Dermoscopic monitoring of shiny white streaks during topical treatment of actinic keratosis. Proceedings of the 62nd International Scientific Conference of Daugavpils University, 2020., 139-143. Available: https://dukonference.lv/files/978-9984-14-925-7_62_konf_kraj_A_Dabaszin…
- Haenssle HA, Winkler JK, Fink C, Toberer F, Enk A, Stolz W, Deinlein T, Hofmann-Wellenhof R, Kittler H, Tschandl P, Rosendahl C, Lallas A, Blum A, Abassi MS, Thomas L, Tromme I, Rosenberger A; Reader study level-I and level-II Groups Christina Alt. Skin lesions of face and scalp - Classification by a market-approved convolutional neural network in comparison with 64 dermatologists. Eur J Cancer. 2020 Dec 25;144:192-199. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2020.11.034. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33370644.
- Haenssle HA, Fink C, Toberer F, Winkler J, Stolz W, Deinlein T, et al. Man against machine reloaded: performance of a market-approved convolutional neural network in classifying a broad spectrum of skin lesions in comparison with 96 dermatologists working under less artificial conditions. Ann Oncol. 2020;31(1):137–43 • Balcere, A.; Rone Kupfere, M.; Čēma, I.; Krūmiņa, A. Prevalence, Discontinuation Rate, and Risk Factors for Severe Local Site Reactions with Topical Field Treatment Options for Actinic Keratosis of the Face and Scalp. Medicina 2019, 55, 92;
- Balcere A., Karls R., Čēma I., Rone Kupfere M., Vīksna L., Krūmiņa A. Treatment of Actinic Keratoses Facilitates Dermatoscopic Diagnosis of Early Basal Cell Carcinoma: A Case Report and Review. Case Reports in Dermatology. 2019. 11 (1), 16-22;
- Ķīsis J., Balcere A., Karls R., Malošiks D., Snipe K., Upeniece I. Strutojoša hidradenīta/inversās aknes ārstēšana, balstoties uz pierādījumiem un Eiropas strutojoša hidradenīta ārstēšanas vadlīnijām. Latvijas Ārsts 2016, septembris; 26-32.lpp.;
- Balcere A., Karls R., Zabludovska K. The Prevalence of Actinic Keratoses and Its Associated Risk Factors in Elderly Latvian People. Collection of Scientific Papers: Research articles in medicine & pharmacy, 2015: Internal Medicine. Surgery. Medical Basic Sciences. Stomatology. Pharmacy. Riga Stradiņš University, 2015.; 29-34.lpp.;
The PhD topic – diagnostics and treatment of early stage squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.
Provides consultations, carries out skin diagnosis and treatment, and makes an individual plan for adults and teenagers from the age of 12, in close cooperation with dermatologists. Provides treatment and care for problematic skin, therapeutic skin cleansing, chemical peels (AHA, BHA), post-peeling rehabilitation, anti-age treatments, micro-needling mesotherapy, classic mesotherapy, biorevitalisation, bioreparation, and hardware procedures (diamond microdermabrasion, mesoporation, ultrasound peeling, sonophoresis, radiofrequency, oxygen therapy, DermOxy, OxyGeneo), laser hair removal (AlmaLasers Soprano Titanium), performs PRF injections
Provides the services paid by insurance companies and fee-based services.
- Performs diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic skin and nail diseases.
- Provides recommendations for disease prevention and skin care for adults and children from 7 years of age.
- Advises patients with Acne vulgaris, Acne rosacea, infections and allergic diseases.
- Diagnoses skin formations using dermatoscopy.
- If necessary, skin biopsy, cryodestruction of formations and electrocoagulation are performed.
- Performs PRF injections.
• Member of the European Academy of Dermatovenereology.
• Member of the Latvian Society of Dermatovenereologists.
• Member of the Latvian Association of Dermatovenereologists.
Provides paid and paid services of insurance companies.
Provides consultations, implements therapy and dynamic follow-up in the event of surgical, proctological and phlebological diseases in adults. Provides services covered by insurance companies and fee-based services.
Provides diagnostics and treatment:
- diagnostics, treatment and prevention of acute and chronic skin diseases;
- diagnostics of skin diseases and neoplasms (optical and digital dermascopy, skin biopsy);
- diagnostics and treatment of skin and nail fungus (using drugs or laser);
- diagnostics and treatment of skin viral and bacterial diseases;
- diagnostics and treatment of allergic skin diseases;
- removal of vascular neoplasms, treatment of enlarged skin vessels using laser and sclerotherapy foam technique.
Provides following services to the patients:
- Diagnostics and treatment of proctological diseases (haemorrhoids, rectal fissures, fistulas, polyps, condylomas, etc.);
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of colon and rectal cancer (conventional and laparoscopic surgical treatment);
- Endocrine surgery (thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, adrenal glands);
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic abdominal surgery (laparoscopic holecystectomy, appendectomy, splitting of addhesions, reconstructive surgery for inguinal hernia);
- Conventional inguinal, umbilical, linea alba and postoperative hernias.
Provides consultations of a nutritionist, develops an individual nutrition plan, performs examinations with the device "Cosmed" to determine metabolism, perfprms bioimpedance examinations, interpretation of of examination results, analysis of a nutrition diary.
- Since 2022 - nutrition specialist in the branches of the “Veselības centrs 4” (Health Center 4): Anti-Aging Institute and Clinic of Aesthetic Medicine “4th Dimension''
- Since 2021 – nutrition specialist at the medical center "Medfix"
- 2021 - graduated from Riga Stradins University
Provides consultations of a nutritionist, develops an individually adapted nutrition plan for both weight loss and weight gain, if necessary. Advises on gaining and maintaining the desired weight with intermittent fasting, keto diet, etc. Advises on the state of the microbiome of the gastrointestinal tract and the possibilities to improve it, as well as interprets microbiome analyses. Provides recommendations for reducing weakness and increasing overall vitality.
Accepts adults and teenagers from 14 years of age.
Consults in Latvian, English, German and Russian.